1. Club LSD will organise all club diving activities including boat hire and accommodation where necessary. We will also endeavour to organise kit hire either with the dive centre we are diving with or through LSD when required but cannot guarantee its availability.
2. Where kit is hired from LSD, Members are expected to pick up any kit required in advance and return it in a timely fashion agreed with the office. LSD is not responsible for transporting kit to and from the trip destination.
3. Club Members will be liable for the cost of any kit hired and repair or replacement for any damage caused to LSD kit.
4. Club LSD will not be responsible for organising transportation to the dive site, food, air fills or any other costs incurred unless otherwise specified in the trip information.
5. In the interests of safety the appointed dive leader has the right to disallow a member or members to participate in diving activities for which, in his/her opinion and at his/her absolute discretion, they are not qualified or sufficiently skilled.
6. A deposit of 100% is required for one day trips at the time of booking. A deposit of 50% is required for 2 day trips to be paid at the time of booking to secure your place and you can reserve your place via PayPal or call the office directly. Please be aware that in the event of oversubscription for a trip, places will be allocated on a first paid, first served basis. The full balance will be due 6 weeks before the trip takes place. If full payment is not received in this time you will loose your deposit and your the trip place will be opened up to another club member.
7. In the event that you are unsuccessful in gaining a place on a trip, your deposit payment will be returned to you. However, in the event that you are successful and later decide that you are unable to attend, your deposit will be non-refundable and can only be transferred to another trip if your place is resold. Deposits cannot be transferred outside the Club (i.e. to other LSD courses or holidays).
8. If a trip is cancelled by Club LSD then we will refund any money you have paid for the trip, you can also transfer this money to other Club trips if you wish.
9. If you cancel your place on a trip less than 4 weeks before the trip departs you will still be liable for the full cost of the trip unless your place is resold. Cancellations before this time will only result in the loss of your deposit. If an individual member wishes to resell their trip place to someone else themselves then this must be approved by the Club Management and the person taking up the place must be a current Club Member qualified to go on that trip.
10. All Club Members are expected to have adequate and valid travel insurance that will cover them for any incidents or accidents whilst diving. This will also cover you for trip cancellations and Club LSD will provide you with any invoices and receipts you require to make a claim.
11. Diving in the UK is weather dependant and we are at the mercy of mother nature. It has happened that skippers have cancelled trips as little as 48hrs before departure which is annoying but completely out of their hands too. This is rare and we would ask that you remember that trips are not cancelled by us for any other reason. Divers safety is paramount.
12. Club Members must ensure that they have the proper diving insurance for themselves before any of the Club trips. Members will not be covered by the LSD centre insurance even if they do freelance work for us.
13. Pool nights or solo sessions in the pool require the Club Member to fill in a pool liability saying that they are responsible for themselves in the pool and they will not be doing any activity outside of their training or ability.
14. Pool nights are strictly for Club Members and guests will only be allowed with the permission of the office.
15. Wraysbury Sunday Social Scuba meets are not Club LSD led events. Divers at the lake must make sure they dive with a buddy and stay within their diving limits whilst adhering to all the rules of Wraysbury Dive Centre.
16. Membership of Club LSD is valid only when fees have been paid in full. We offer a Pro Rata rate for the Club year starting on 01 March of every year. Full membership is £80. Club Members joining from 01 September pay £50 and members joining from 01 December pay £25.
17. Any Member whose actions are considered to place in jeopardy themselves or others may be suspended from club activities immediately. Any such suspension will be reviewed by the Club Officers, who may then decide to expel the individual concerned. This may be done either by refusing their subscription on renewal or by notifying them in writing that they are expelled and refunding their subscription on a pro-rata basis according to the number of months of membership remaining. An expelled Member has a right of appeal to London School of Diving’s directors. This must be lodged in writing within 30 days. The Officers of Club LSD reserves the right to expel a club member for any reason. The Officers of Club LSD also reserve the right to refuse any application for membership.