PADI Surface Marker Buoy Specialty
Ready to launch?
The PADI Surface Marker Buoy Specialty course gives you the knowledge and techniques required for the safe use of marker buoys and delayed surface marker buoys.
Surface marker buoys (SMBs), allow scuba divers to mark boundaries for mapping or search and recovery, alert boat traffic, or provide a line as a visual reference for ascending divers. During two dives, learn the proper techniques and protocols for using surface marker buoys and delayed surface marker buoys (DSMBs) at the lake.
You will also practice using a number of reels and launch methods from both negative and neutrally buoyant positions. These skills will prove vital when diving in strong drift dives or boat traffic is present.
|Surface Marker Buoy Specialty|
|Times||Saturdays @ 0800 (Other times available upon request)|
|Features||• Meet at LSD to arrange kit for the dives
• 2 Dives
• Reel deployment
• Exploration of the dive site
|Extras||• Lake entrance fees - £10
• Scuba cylinder air fill at the lake - £3.50
• Wetsuit boots if training in Summer
• Wetsuit gloves if training in Winter
• Basic Scuba Review if you have not dived within 12 months - £49 (normally £69)
• Scuba Review Plus if it has been more than 24 months - £79 (normally £99)
|What’s Next?||CELEBRATION! You have achieved the PADI Surface Marker Buoy Specialty certification|
To book please check for availability above or call the office on 020 8995 0002.